Given how butterflies maneuver, that they get anywhere at all is surprising. That they migrate is incomprehensible.
Halliday Dresser's Wang Dang Doodle
main control center:
Journal of Hurting Theory
This is a blog about tantric alchemy, elves, and several other things.
Suddenly, without warning, the old-timer began quietly singing:
"It's like an old war wound, and it hurts me sometimes
Like an ache in the plate in my head
It's like an old war wound, and it hurts me sometimes
When the weather is fixing to change"
I use this for thinking. You can help.
"I turn to stone and my pain goes on."
–Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations 288
"Naturally one should not simply identify this consciousness with that of 'mere supposal,' that nymphs, for instance, are dancing in a ring."
–Husserl, Ideas I
"If by enlightenment and intellectual progress we mean the freeing of man from superstitious belief in evil forces, in demons and fairies, in blind fate -- in short, the emancipation from fear -- then denunciation of what is currently called reason is the greatest service reason can render."
"By and large, it is painful to think."
- Mother’s Day Sermon
- At the Psychedelic Science 2013 Conference
- Thinking out loud (again)
- Social and Industrial Collapse and How to Prepare for Them
- Growing Old
- The Terrible Beauty of the Bride (19)
- The Terrible Beauty of the Bride (18)
- The Terrible Beauty of the Bride (17)
- Dirt Part Two (for Obscure Reference)
- The Terrible Beauty of the Bride (16)
- The Terrible Beauty of the Bride (15)
- The Terrible Beauty of the Bride (14)
- Guru Watch: Carlos Castaneda
- Straights, Hipsters, Burners
- The Speed of History